Confidentialised dataset which provides selected information about admissions into residential care, home care, and transition care in Australia between 2013–14 and 2017–18.
Following changes to the Home Care Packages Programme in 2016–17, the AIHW have amended the way that admissions are counted. In addition, the 2017–18 CURFs include a new variable that indicates first ever admission to a care type. To support comparable time series analysis, the data have been re-run from 2013–14 using the amended method for home care admissions, and including the first admission variable. The superseded CURFs are still available on this page; however, please note that these data are not comparable with the 2017–18 CURFs for home care.
Note that data for the transition care program are included in residential care CURF.
Current data are provided in a zipped CSV file which includes the following variables:
- State/territory and Aged Care Planning Region
- Care type (residential aged care, transition care, or home care)
- Admission type (for residential aged care: permanent or respite care)
- First admission status (for residential aged care and home care)
- Care level (for home care: 1–4)
- Age group, sex, and Indigenous status
- Preferred language and country of birth grouping.