Confidentialised dataset which provides selected information about admissions into residential care, home care, and transition care in Australia between 2013–14 and 2018–19.
Following changes to the Home Care Packages Programme in 2017–18, the AIHW have amended how admissions are counted. To support comparable time series analysis, the data were re-run for the period of 2008–09 to 2017–18 using the amended method for home care admissions. The superseded CURFs are still available on this page; however, please note that these data are not comparable with all previous CURFs for home care.
Note that data for the transition care program are included in the residential care CURF.
Current data are provided in a zipped CSV file and include the following variables:
- State/territory and Aged Care Planning Region
- Care type (residential aged care, transition care, or home care)
- Admission type (for residential aged care: permanent or respite care)
- First admission status (for residential aged care and home care)
- Care level (for home care: 1–4)
- Age group, sex, and Indigenous status
- Preferred language and country of birth grouping