The Stocktake of Australian Government Subsidised Aged Care Places provides a snapshot of the number of operational and allocated aged care places in Australia each year, as at 30 June.
It covers aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government under the Aged Care Act 1997, including:
- Residential aged care services
- Services that provide Home Care Packages
- Transition Care services
- Short-Term Restorative Care services
- Innovative Pool services
- Multi-Purpose Services providing aged care.
It also includes services funded under the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program.
The files are as at 30 June 2023 and are updated annually.
- 04/10/2023 – The 30 June 2023 stocktake data published on 06/09/2023 were based on incorrect residential place numbers for 2 services, Arcare Thornlands (Qld) and Arcare Belmont (NSW). These have been corrected in all the stocktake data files.