This page has been updated with the latest data available from 2019 and 2020. You can download data directly from the visualisations by clicking in a graph area and using the 'download' menu at the bottom right of My aged care region.
In this My aged care region tool, you can explore data from 2020 about the population of your region, the provision of aged care services, and the people who receive these services.
The types of regions used:
- Aged care services in Australia are funded and delivered in regions called Aged Care Planning Regions (ACPRs). There are 73 ACPRs across Australia. To find your ACPR, please use the ACPR maps available on GEN.
- Primary Heath Networks (PHNs) have been established to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients, and improving coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. There are 31 PHNs across Australia. To find your PHN, please use the Department of Health map searching tool.
- Select either the ACPR or PHN tab on the top left hand corner of the dashboard
- Select a state from the drop-down menu above the map
- Click on an ACPR or PHN in the map to generate its data—an ACPR or PHN must be selected, even if there is only one PHN in the state selected
- If you want to return to view the whole state, click on the 'home' button in the menu that appears when you hover over the map
- There are 'undo' and 'revert' buttons at the bottom of the page.
An interactive dashboard shows data about the population, aged care services, and aged care users of Australia by Aged Care Planning Region. The data contained in the figures are available from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Please email [email protected]
and we will arrange to send it to you in an accessible format.
To download and print, click on the 'Download' button at the bottom right of My aged care region
. Select 'pdf' and set the paper size to A4 and the scaling to 60%.